Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Friday, June 26, 2015

June 26

I drove into the hospital this morning with great hope that today would be a fresh start, a new day. Tammy, one of our primary nurses is on today so that always starts me off on the right foot! Everett was ready for his first feeding of the day when I got there. Our plan from yesterday was to continue to tube feed until after rounds today.

I decided to start the day off with some skin to skin contact with Everett, it was something that I realized in the middle of the night I had not been doing over the last few days since we were trying to bottlefeed. I must say his respiratory rate is much better when we are skin to skin.

Then we did some belly time to get him moving and working muscles.

He picks his head up and moves it quite well!

 Pooped! My cheeks are too heavy!

During rounds they confirmed that his echo was good, his thyroid test came back normal, his viral panel came back negative, his blood gas looked great, and his chest x-ray looked fairly good. It is now his upper left long that is a bit cloudy. Over all, the doctors hope that he is still continuing to heal and is just not 100% yet. They decided to feed him 80 mL instead of 85, apparently overfeeding could affect his respiratory rate and he gained a significant amount of weight. He is now a 10 pounder! They considered lasics to try and clear up his lung but decided to wait on that for now to see if it heels on its own. 

Tammy and I decided to give him a bath today! It was well overdue! He pooped on me as soon as I picked him up so to make a change his linens. 

Bathtime! His umbilical cord stub still has not fallen off since he had the UVC line, there are still sutures in there too! Hopefully within the week. My chunky monkey!

All clean


All cozy after my bath…

Andre got the decals up in Everett's room that he has been meaning to do, there is never enough daylight! Here are some pictures of the few things we have together in his room. We had it painted this orange color and did not want to repaint, so we decided a safari theme would work.

Looks great love!!

We got these on our trip to Colombia knowing we were going to make it a safari theme.




No comments:

Post a Comment