Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Who is Everett Lang Feger?! June 4

Well, Everett, we know your a fighter, that's clear already. You're sweet and gentle, when the nurses were poking at you when you were first born, you were much calmer than your sister. You're big and strong. When you were in your first hour of life, you lifted your head to look at me two times. I loved looking into your eyes and can't wait to see them open again. You're independent, yes, already! You were fighting your machines trying to breathe on your own, but your darn lungs weren't healthy enough yet. You will be soon, don't you worry. You're adorable, I can't take my eyes off of you. I can't wait to bury my face in your pudgy body. You're a good listener so far, I ask you to be strong and fight and you do. We learned yesterday that you have Down's Syndrome, all that means is that you're unique. Guess what Everett?! We all are! Daddy and I knew when we found out we were pregnant that you would be special, just like your sister. You're ours, you are perfect, you're everything we need and want. You're so very loved. AND...you're one week old!? How did that happen?! Aunt Tiffy came in to see you again today with mommy and daddy this morning.

You were at 31 with your oxygen at 2am but jumped back up to 38. This is expected, you're being weaned off a lot of things today, keep up the good work little man! 


Us watching the nurse do her thing...

Your loving mommy and daddy wishing you were in our arms!


Your new hat!

Our big little man.


Your tootsies and leggies were cold yesterday so we put on your socks and covered you up, you were much warmer today.



Betsy, a very helpful lady, I forget her title. She'll be a great resource for mommy and daddy.

Aunt Tiffy reading very fluently in Spanish to you!


Dr.'s making their rounds. I'm trying to focus. Most things said to me these days go in one ear and out the other. This is Dr. Brooks who is on for the next few weeks. She is wonderful.

You with your "nunu" like Clara has except yours is a turtle. All warm and cozy.

So I have Betsy's info..



I love you sweet baby...look at your peach fuzz, I cant wait to brush my chin against it when I hold you so close.

June 3 -

2am - Oxygen level is at 50%, one more dose of the epinephrine to take away to have that gone. Blood pressure was around 75 which is good, 80's would be better. You're doing great little man.

Next update - went down on dopamine, oxygen was at 38, covered legs and feet with blanky today, you were chilly.

June 4 - 2am -
your blood gas was good so your oxygen was taken to 32, you are tolerating the dopamine drop which is at 15, you tolerated the nurses hands on (where they change your diaper and things) you're a bit warmer.

9 am - today Dr. Brooks was pleased with all your improvement. She is concerned about your lungs and that they're not clearing. Today is your ONE WEEK birthday, it seems like one long day for mommy, not a week, I don't know how that is possible. You have been getting rid of medicine all day, going up and down on oxygen which is normal. You've been up in the 40's and then down in the low 30's. Tiffy, Dada, Uncle Steven, and Aunt Kristin all visited you today. Mommy was taught how to "hold" you in your bassinet. It's not easy with all the cords but I'll do anything to get my hands on you. Mama sent Grandpa packing and home to Great Grandma Clara. He and Alice wanted to stay to be with you and me but I think he can help Grandma Lang more right now. We all want to help you but we know you're in good hands there and we just can't wait for you to get better.

9pm - You're doing about the same. They're about to try to take the nitric oxide down from 15 to 10 which is a big jump. You didn't like going down by 5 last time and they went down by 2. Maybe you'll be ready for it this time, if not, it's okay, go at your own pace little love. We're here waiting no matter how long it takes. The nurse said you opened your eyes when she did hands on, I can't wait to see them. Mommy is going to pump now then try and get some rest, I'll be calling in all night long to check on you. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment