Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Monday, June 29, 2015

June 29 - happy birthday mom

Happy birthday mom! You would be 65 years old today. I would do anything to have you here with me always, but particularly this last month of my life. I have never felt like I have needed you so badly in my entire life. In the 13 years I had with you, you taught me the strength that one needs in hard times. I know I still have much growing to do in order to be as amazing as you! I strive to be more like you every day, and I know I will get there. I'm glad your strength is something that is so vivid in my memory, I don't remember many things, but your strength and fight for survival never waivers in my mind. Your struggle and fight taught me everything I need to know to get through tough times, thank you. Thank you for giving me what it takes to keep trudging through difficult times. I don't know how I was so lucky to have you for a mom. Thank you also for picking a dad that would be by my side always. He somehow picked up the pieces after you were gone and pushed me to continue to be a strong woman. I'm one lucky girl! I would give anything to have you here, even for one minute. We love you! You are the greatest grandma, your love for my babies shines through me, to them. They will know you well because you are in me, you are my heart. 

1 comment:

  1. 💜 You truly are a beautiful person! So thankful to have had you for Nevaeh's teacher!

    ReplyDelete