Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

June 23

Today was a very hectic day. Our first real day attempting feeding all day long.

We started our day with the occupational therapist who showed me some stretching, muscle building, and relaxation techniques. Then speech came, however Everett was too tuckered out to show his stuff. She showed me how to feed him once he woke up some and we had a try. It is slow going for sure. Poor baby has an aversion to anything oral, but he is trying. The speech pathologist said he kind of falls right in the middle. Meaning some babies do not let anything get near their mouth once they have experienced what he has, and others take to feeding right away. He is trying but hesitant. Hopefully with lots of practice this week we make some significant gains. I am basically living here at this point in hopes that consistency with me will help.

My conversations with the doctors at rounds tend to be much less about his health and more about feeding and our plan to get him home. That is quite encouraging. However, no one has any idea when that will be since it is all up to him. I have to keep reminding myself where he was just one week ago, even two weeks ago. He has made so many gains it will take some time to reach our next goal! 

I am excited for Kristen to get here on Thursday so she can come in and help me with Everett to so I can spend a little more time with Clara here and there. She must feel like I have abandoned her.

Being home together as a family will be one of the best days of my life!

Today was too hectic for too many pictures, so here are two I just took right now.

Sound asleep


No comments:

Post a Comment