Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 30

This morning Everett was ready to eat! He ate 33 ml at 8, 15 ml at 11, 40 ml at 2 for Kristin, and 30 ml at 5 for Kristin. Kristin, you're hired! I told her before she came down, that was her job, clearly she took me seriously. ;) We were only planning on feeding him every other feed but if he showed signs to eat we said we'd go for it so he ate at all four feeds today, and hit his first 4-0! We tube feed the rest, he is getting a total of 80 ml and needs to consume that on his own every feed in order to go home for 48 hours straight.

Ashley took this for me this am, love his cuddled hands...


She had to switch his tube today. He was getting very uncomfortable eating so she switched sides. I got some pictures in the minute it was out. I haven't seen my baby's face bare since he was born and he looks nothing like he did then. I love his precious face more than anything, it brought tears to my face to see his free of nonsense! I can't wait to get that baby face home to kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss...


"Oh, WHAT? No tape and tubes? Let's roll on outa here mama!"


During rounds today we decided that we'd give him this week to show us what he's got and if he doesn't show enough improvement we'd start discussing g-tube. Again, no pressure Everett. If he shoes consistent improvement this week we'll continue to give him more time. I don't want him to have surgery, he'll need to be intubated again (tube down his throat to breathe for him during the procedure) to ensure his lungs can withstand the surgery, it's protocol. I don't want another bad oral experience for him, but I want him home where I know he'll thrive. So, time will tell. Our rounds last all of 5 minutes now, conversing about feeding only. We know his lungs have healing left to do, he is still a bit tachypneic but less and less. So, let's hope his lungs continue to improve as well as his eating.

Katie and Mary from work came to visit. Everett was very awake all morning and Katie put him right to sleep, he needed his rest for his next meal. Thanks for visiting ladies!



I called at 7:30 to see how he was doing and if he was awake for his 8pm feeding and Julie, our primary night nurse said he didn't budge when he had his blood pressure checked, diaper changed and temp taken, all things babies hate. So I'll stay home, maybe try and rest (pah) until his 11 pm feed.

All tuckered out after aunt Kristin's amazing feeding!


Clara finally ate a great dinner. Thanks Nancy for all the amazing meals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment