Clara and Everett

Clara and Everett

Monday, June 8, 2015

June 8

Updated: 9:20 pm

Everett is doing great so far today. I called on my way this morning and asked if they could wait until I got there to do hands on. I changed his poopy diaper, it's already looking more like normal infant poop with only one serving of mama's milk.

He was switched to the conventional machine this morning while I was there. In the rounds the doctors wanted that done and hopefully his PICC line going in today, they're in the process of that now. I came home since they'd give me the boot anyway. I was tired myself, tired enough for a nap. I got Clara from Doe and Michael, she was so loud and bouncy when I got there, having a blast with Kingston's frog. I put her down for a nap and I got about 20 minutes, she didn't sleep long either. We're both just thinking about Everett! Daddy is going to be going after work.

His lungs looked better to me today, I saw way more black. Dr. Brooks said she is still concerned about the hazy parts, but she is confident it's pneumonia and that the conventional machine and having him awake more now should help him to continue to open things up. Hopefully this vent isn't too abrasive, the other one was gentler. However, this one seems more comfortable, not shaking him. As soon as I walked through the doors I could hear his machine before walking up to his "room", I like not hearing it. The new machine is smaller and makes it look like he has less going on which makes me hopeful. There's more space to get around and his room looks less "serious" even though he's still in critical condition. Fingers crossed everything goes well today. It's the first time I like that it's Monday, it seems like everyone is ready for the week and hopeful for things to happen. It was pretty quiet over the weekend, hopefully he's rested and ready for all that's to come.

Clara and I are going to color and wait to hear if the PICC worked.


On my way to the hospital getting Clara ready to see Doe and Michael. She had a great day there today, playing with Kingston's frog she clearly missed, hop, hop, hoping around while ribbiting.

Dressing up my sweet man and making sure he is warm, his tootsies and little legs get cold.

Looks so cozy and pudgy on his side. If I could only fit in there...

"Take that silly hat off of me mama!"

The machine switch. He did well. He's happy on it so far. The machine is at 28 which is as low as we've seen. Yay! One goal met. Unfortunately, the PICC didn't go so well. My poor sweet love was poked and prodded yet again at another attempt to get this line in to get his belly button line out. She could get the line into his vein but couldn't thread it through. :( They're going to increase the amount of my breast milk he is getting from 5cc's to 15. Hopefully he can digest it all. I'm not sure if they're hoping to get him eating enough where he needs no line for food?! Clearly that would be great but he is a big boy, he needs to be well nourished. I'll find out in the am. Melissa said your X-ray looks a little better on the left. They're going to try to take the arterial line out tomorrow, which means they'll prick your little heals again that are already tore up, but clearly having that line out is more important. They may wean your pain medication (fentanyl) from 2 to 1 maybe. You'll be going through withdrawal, my sweet baby, that breaks my heart. Soon, the only thing you'll be addicted to is our love, arms, kisses, my milk and your sister!

Julie is on with you tonight, she asked to be your primary which I meant to ask her myself. Your nurses love you Everett, you're irresistible! They started the CPT again where they "massage" your back and get things moving in your lungs. Hopefully that helps you clear things out. That'll happen every 6 hours. She said you didn't mind it at all, good boy! I'm anxious to see your lungs in the morning, hopefully they've opened up some!

Merrissa and Ajae came over to play today. It was so nice to see them both. I'm so glad they're back in the sunshine state! Trading toys.




Dada went to see Everett after work. He was up and at em! He was so alert, holding daddy's hand/finger. I was SO happy to see/hear this. I can't wait to get myself in there again.

Sweet boy. I miss you. I hate every moment away from you. I'll see you in the morning, not soon enough. Get some rest, sweet dreams. I love you with all I've got! 




No comments:

Post a Comment